At NorCal Medical & Aesthetic Center, we are committed to patients' education. Please do not hesitate to ask us about printed and digital materials available to you free of charge. Below we provided some useful links to excellent educational recourses.
● Mayo Clinic: Extensive and outstanding online information source for diseases and symptoms. Just key in the symptom you have and you will get a lot of information about it.
● American Medical Association (AMA): The official Web site of the American Medical Association with Patient resources.
● The American Heart Association (AHA): Site gives patients of all ages the facts on heart disease and stroke.
● American Council for Headache Education (ACHE): Included at this site is a guide to over-the-counter pain relievers, information on understanding headache, and other headache information resources.
● American Psychological Association (APA): The official Web site of the American Psychological Association.
● UpToDate: Learn more about your medical condition and explore your treatment options.
● NOAH (New York Online Access to Health): NOAH provides access to high-quality full-text consumer health information in English and Spanish that is accurate, timely, relevant and unbiased.
● CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): is the nation's leading non-profit organization serving individuals with AD/HD and their families. CHADD has over 16,000 members in 200 local chapters throughout the U.S. Chapters offer support for individuals, parents, teachers, professionals, and others.
● The American Cancer Society: Saving lives by helping people stay well, get well, find cures, & fight back
● National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations: The official site of the National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations.
● National Library of Medicine: Website provides diverse health information.
● The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition seeks to raise awareness and promote education about ovarian cancer.
● The North American Menopause Society (NAMS): NAMS is a nonprofit organization that provides a forum for a multitude of scientific disciplines with an interest in the human female menopause.
● MedicineNet.com is an online, healthcare media publishing company. It provides easy-to-read, in-depth, authoritative medical information for consumers via its robust, user-friendly, interactive website.
● Prevention: Health-related information from the publishers of Prevention magazine.
● The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS): SIECUS was founded in 1964 to provide education and information about sexuality and sexual and reproductive health.
● WebMD: Provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information. You can trust that our content is timely and credible.